The Maryland Legislative Process
Stay a head of the game! Would you like access to up-to-date Legislative information? Would you like to be a part of, or have questions about, the legislative process? Is the lingo something you’d like to learn? Do you want to better understand the status of the bills you review? Want to be a part of what is happening in the industry? Become a paid member and get full access to the Legislative updates and committee meetings.
You may want to know:
- How long does the Governor have to veto a bill?
- What happens to bills that the Governor does not sign?
- What does “returned passed” mean?
- How about “passed enrolled?
- What is an “interim study” and how can you be involved?
This is a succinct overview of the legislative process in MD:
This publication on “Legislative Lingo” is helpful and interesting:
Legislative Lingo 2010 PDF